Back in the day

Thursday, July 24, 2008

I have NO clue where the other ditzy broad is today. Maybe she found her sugar daddy and if that's the case, can i borrow oh say 100 mil? Well you should know that today is Thursday (only one more day to go) and we usually do a back in the day kind of post. Here are some hot jamz from back in the day that I likes. They are all completely random as I am. Enjoy the stroll down memory lane...

The first song I'm starting off with is a sample on one of my favorite Wu-Tang tracks. The song alone is hot but on Hollow Bones it really made it speak.

Syl Johnson - Is it Because I'm Black



I know i'm a young'n but I am the biggest Nina Simone fan EVER. I think my pops has something to do with that.

Nina Simone - If you Knew




I seriously LOVE this song. I mean i can't even describe how much I love it.

Stevie Wonder - Ribbon In the Sky



Next is the man.

Rick James - Mary Jane



And lastly is the lead song off one of my favorite movies. Why can't they make songs like these anymore?

The Temptations



Now I must try and do some work (which prolly won't happen). But are any of these songs your favorites?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol bammy like 12 listening to nina simone....

Most Enlightened One Buddha SureShot said...

Yeah that got me too Chrissy! But she DOES get major points for listening to the High Priestess of Soul! I'm with Nina like 99.99% of the time. "It Be's that way Sometime" is my joint!

Although he sounds like a goat/mosquito hybrid, Keith Sweat on Twisted makes that my joint.

Anything by Gangstarr is cool but if DWYCK comes on - it's a wrap. Me and Chrissy are spinning and passing poplocks like a mugg!

Stevie is a win-win but Rocket Love is my joint because Shot can relate to a girl taking you up to the stars only to drop yass down to this cold cold world...but I don't wanna say 504's name cuz I don't want yall all in our bizness!

And finally.....Blowfly on Rap Dirty - the first rap song I ever heard with someone cursing on it. "Going around the corner doing bout eighty / Looked between te thighs of some big pussy lady?!?!? That was the shit!

Okay you can take Blowfly off but them others are my joints!

Most Enlightened One Buddha SureShot said...

Shot forgot, Les Nubians on Makeda is that chill out smoke a drink, clean the house, wash some clothes, shit!

Bahama said...

Lmao!!! what EVER!! you two..nina is a legend..

Anonymous said...

imma list all my shit right now..

ANYTHING R/KELLY DO CEPT THAT TRAPPED IN THE CLOSET BULLSHIT

any jodeci, any new edition, specially can you stand the rain

ummmm i need bobble in here cause i know her ass know but this song came on the radio and i was like awwwww that was my jam waaaaay back but i couldn't think of the group for shit so imma cyber sing it for her so she can identify the singer and or singers of it fa me...

do we have a chance for our love, do we have a chance for our love, blah blah they keep saying that shit then they break it down, and they like girl i love you i love but do you care, who sings that shit bobble, if you need more info or more cyber singing to help you get it, call me....lol

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl8msfRr7aI&feature=related

bobble...don't pass out PLEASE don't pass out when i tell you, i have no clue...i googled the lyrics & this is what popped up....i'm sure it's the song but i never heard this shit in my life !
but guess what ? they the same niggas that SANG always & forever (refer to martin singing in homegirl's ear on house party) PLUS they rap too....i had no clues they the same dudes who did that whistle song called just buggin...i'm sure you heard that b4.

luv
504

Anonymous said...

oh wait...they remade always & forever, not the original, my bad

luv
504

Anonymous said...

lmao bobble DE HELL you ain't gon know, you know you my go to girl on all shit that happened 1993 and later, i could have googled it too, but i went to my number one source 1st, lol thanks tho for the youtube i can't see...

this sh!t better work..lmao